All of these pieces were printed on a commercial cotton fabric with grey fracture lines running through it. I knew this would make a great background fabric, so I bought several yards when it went on sale.
For this piece, Andi pressed a 2" x 10" plastic packaging piece onto the red gelatin plate several times.I think I used a combination of baby blue and grey on this piece. I pressed a face stamp all over the paint.
We used berry baskets and plastic netting from fruit boxes for the first print. Once dry, we inked the plate with yellow and pressed a potato masher into it.
First I ran a notched squeegee through the paint, then I stamped into it with a large grid. When it was dry, I used purple paint to stamp the large grid on top.
Life in general is so full of rules, it's much more fun to just let loose and play without any expectations. Rarely am I disappointed!
I followed the gelatin recipe in Rayna Gillman's book, see here for previous bragging. Rayna's step by step instructions are very easy to understand. After we pulled the first print, we were giddy! We were acting like two kids with new toys!
A couple of years ago, I took a wonderful 2 day workshop with Rayna and I just signed up for a 5 day workshop with her in June of 2009. I can't wait!! I'm hoping she will teach deconstructed screen printing.