May 12, 2009

Funny Face

Here's my newest Funny Face. I just love making these! I think it might be impossible to look at it without smiling.
The idea is to turn the left brain off and let the right brain take over, in other words, create intuitively. It's all about having fun. I didn't intend for the portrait to resemble anyone in particular, but I've already heard two comments about how much it resembled an un-named relative.
I've got a lot of embellishment to do, but I thought you might enjoy seeing it in progress.

This piece was made using leftovers from other projects. I pulled random pieces out of my scrap basket and attached them to a muslin foundation. Once the pieces were arrange to my liking, I quilted the top to muslin and batting. I stitched along all the edges and turned the piece right side out. Some hand stitching and embellishment is already underway.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

love that face!

Dawn said...

My scrap bag is full and I can't throw any of them away. I love what you have done with yours. The face is delightful and the piece below it is inspiring. Thanks for sharing.