March 26, 2010

Fun Friday

If you ever wondered what I look like, here I am at Ostrichland. Yep, that's right . . . Ostrichland. If you like being frightened by large animals, this is the place for you!
My daughter is home for spring break, so we decided to head north to play tourist! We stopped at Creation Station where Dawn and Patrick have created a fabulous fabric store and gift shop. Then we went on to this fun garden store. There are so many wonderful items to choose from.
We're about to start the remodeling the backyard and I'm collecting garden art. Today we bought a rusty Venus fly trap catching a bug that's made from a spark plug! I know it sounds a bit strange, what can I say. I'll take a photo for the next post, you'll love it too.
Guess where our final stop was? Can you tell what kind of bottles these are? They're all stored on their sides in a dark room that is temperature controlled.
Give up? We went to Gainey Vineyard for a tour of the facilities and then wine tasting. What a great way to start the weekend!
Tomorrow, I'm leading a Visual Texture workshop with my Fibervision group. Should be another fun day!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

What a great photo of you at Ostrichland, Judy! Sometimes we forget how much fun it is just to explore our own "backyards"!

Kathy R.