May 28, 2010

LARGE Birthday Card

Arlene's birthday invitation came with a rubber nose, peanuts and a photo of her dressed as a clown. Is that funny or what? Arlene is the owner of The Magic Castle in Hollywood and that's where the party was held. She didn't want any presents - only cards. My first thought was, this better be a great card and I started to play. This is what I came up with.Four funny faces! I just love making these faces, they are sooo much fun! My friend Rene is responsible for getting me hooked on this. When I began, I had no idea what the faces would like, they just developed. To me, the faces ended up looking like a robot, a clown, a muppet and a martian. Do you agree or do you see something else?
Here's the back of the card before we signed it. Needless to say, Arlene loved the card. And yes, it was the largest (13" x 17") and most colorful card on the pin-up board. My DH made a wonderful envelope for the card. I'm really happy with the way it turned out.
The party was a blast and the magic is always amazing. If you ever get an invitation to visit the Castle, make sure you accept.

2 comments :

Rayna said...

Ah - the Magic Castle! I was there in 1971 with my cousin, who is a magician (or was, anyway). My aunt insisted I go to the ladies' room and use the magic toilet. It was the first time I had ever encountered what is now routine - one that flushed automatically. Ahead of its time, it did indeed seem like magic. It was hilarious!

Your card is so much fun!

Barbara said...

Judy, I've been to the Magic Castle twice, but that was long ago. Incredible place. Love the birthday card!