February 9, 2007

Fiber Postcards

Here are some of the postcards that I have created. They are a lot of fun to create because you can try many different techniques in a short period of time.



This background is sun-painted and stamped with metallic paint. The foreground has silk flowers foil centers and silk leaves.

This was painted with dyna-flow and lumiere paint. the center spots are foil.



The background is hand painted. The foreground has free-motion lace, yarn and a piece of avocado bag sewn down.


The beige design has been discharged using a bleach pen. Red foil dots were applied.

2 comments :

Anonymous said...

These are all wonderful! I especially like that third one with the avocado bag. Great color and texture in that one.

Judy Rys said...

Thanks for the kind words Sue. I was really excited when I finally got to use the avocado bag. I have been saving them for quite a while.