May 9, 2007

The Perfect Day

I work late quite often and have many comp hours built up. So, I decided to take the day off today and do whatever I wanted. I didn't do any laundry or dishes; I didn't even make the bed! I spent the morning taking photos and this afternoon I painted a yard of white fabric I found when I cleaned my studio. Then I met with my ATC group and exchanged some great cards. Mike and I went to the beach and ate dinner. It was a perfect ending to The Perfect Day.
My next post will have photos of the fabric and cards.
Terri, from Stegart asked for a closer look at the flower quilt on my design wall. It isn't quite finished, but is very close. When I started this drawing, I was thinking of how nature appears to a small bug on the ground.

The background fabric was painted very lightly with dye-na-flow, then the flowers were painted using dye sticks and water soluble crayons. The background texture was created by rubbing dye sticks across the fabric with plastic canvas underneath. The bee and butterfly were embroidered on my Viking.

5 comments :

Annica said...

Wow! That's a beautiful quilt!

Terri Stegmiller said...

It's wonderful. I love flowers so needless to say I love flower art. I like your idea to use paint stiks and soluble crayons for doing the flowers.

Joanna said...

This is really lovely. I love the curvey background. I hope you are able to enter in your guild quilt show...if they have one.

Cathie said...

Oh Judy this is lovely. I am so inspired by this I'm off to the store to buy some Dynaflo and give it a go. I agree with Joanna - this is a prize winner. Beautiful!!
Cathie
http://www.clevelandgirlie.blogspot.com

Digitalgran said...

The quilt is lovely Judy.
I think you had such a good idea there giving the computer a short rest. We do forget that there is life beyond Computing I'm afraid.
I'm going to do that one day too. I have lovely books waiting to be read for inspiration. At the moment they seem to be no more than ornaments. Thanks for your comments on my blog.