May 10, 2007

Painted Fabric

As promised, here are a few of my favorite pieces of fabric that I painted yesterday. It was so much fun to make and I love the way it turned out.
I used 5 colors of transparent Setacolor, 2 yellows, green, blue-green and red, each diluted to a 50/50 mix of paint to water. I sprayed the fabric with water until it was damp, but not dripping wet. I used a clean foam brush for each color. I Laid the colors on from light to dark. The amount of paint you lay down in an area will determine the darkness. If you space the colors farther apart, they will blend together like a watercolor painting. Choose your colors carefully, or you could end up making yucky brown!
This piece has 2 yellows, green and blue-green. I placed washers on top as a resist.

Circular shapes were painted using all five colors.

This piece was painted in bands with 2 yellows and the red.

1 comment :

Joanna said...

Love the circular ones. I also forgot to mention when you get that shimmer paint...you need to water it down.