April 25, 2010

Still Stitching and Embellishing

As you can see from the photo below, I'm still stitching and embellishing. This mat and metal trays help control my beads. If you spill a container of beads, you'll be picking them up for the next 2 years. Not much fun! Do you have specific tools that make your beading easier?
Here's the final square for the letter "O" challenge. I didn't finish in time for the Fibervision meeting, but I faked it pretty well. Each square was attached to the canvas with two applique pins. My first attempt with blue tape attached to the back didn't work because the squares were too heavy. Once I finish the embellishment on this square, I'll stitch them all to the canvas background.
Everyone loved my piece and thought it would make a great sample for teaching surface design. I tend to underestimate the amount of information I have and think that everyone knows what I know. My friends keep telling me that it's not true, I have a lot to share and should teach. Teaching is something I would like to do, but at this point in my life, I don't have enough hours in my day.
I love the texture in this sea foam along the beach. I use circular or pebble quilting quite often and find that the size variation of the bubbles is what makes it interesting. I recently saw a quilt where all of the bubbles were the same size and I didn't care for the way it looked. IMHO, Size does matter! LOL

3 comments :

Sandy said...

I love the beading on the piece. Teaching takes a lot of time but is important. You'll be surprised at how much you know that they want to know.

Geothermal Heat Pumps said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
imquilternity said...

I see there is already a deleted comment...I'm afraid you may have set yourself up for a few more but I love your comment! LOL

Judy, your artwork is always stunning and thought-provoking. I love the beading you're adding to the piece you've shown and can't wait to see the finished piece.

I would be your first student because I want to know everything that you know!